External doors are an integral part of any home and form the basis of your property’s security and exterior appeal. When you think about it, burglars will target the windows and doors of your home, so it pays to have the best protection in place.
Your kerb appeal will also be heightened with a brand new front door, wowing guests and visitors and leaving a lasting impression on them. What’s more, it’s much nicer to return home from work at the end of the day to a good looking property.
You’ve probably read quite a lot about uPVC and composite front doors, so how about a material you may know less about. Metal front doors are popular too, albeit not to the same extent as the two aforementioned, and it’s their strength and durability that truly sets them apart.
Essentially, metal doors are deemed as a more secure option to others available and just like their counterparts, can be ordered to any specification. Their only drawback is that they can be dented with heavy impacts, but this can be repaired if necessary.
Benefits of a metal door
There are a number of excellent reasons to consider a metal front door for your home, including:
- Metallic doors can be embossed to give the appearance of wood
- They’re not as expensive as you’d expect and can be a cost effective solution
- They’re extremely durable and won’t crack or warp. They’re also not susceptible to rotting or swelling
- They’re superb for your home security and offer a strong and resilient finish
- They act as fantastic insulators for your property
- You won’t need to worry about excessive maintenance
- They’re weather resistant and won’t be damaged from British climates.
Metal doors typically have a flush or moulded surface, with internal wooden framing too. The insulation properties can be improved further as well, with a polyurethane core. When it comes to the maintenance of your metal door, the only thing to beware of is decay or rust along the bottom edges. A coat of vinyl can aid with weather resistance, whilst painting or staring will keep the door in great condition.